Join me as I try new recipes, new workouts, reach new goals and work to inspire others live their best FITLIFE.
Need help along your weight loss and fitness journey, ask me.....I'm your girl!
Come SWEAT with me at FITCAMP. EVERY Monday at Terry Hershey Park, 830am. Park in the lot under Sam Houston Tollway. Baby Bumps and Strollers Welcome, but NOT required :). $10 drop in!
Have personal training, or yoga private questions?? Email me.
YUM YUM! I know everyone loves a good stuffed pepper recipe! Well this is definitely a good one!! I even made the tomato sauce from scratch, it was easy….anyone can do it! (and if you don’t want to, you can substitute pre-made tomato sauce, as long as you CHECK THOSE INGREDIENTS).
Let’s start with the sauce…
1. Boil a big pot of water.
2. Drop in four large tomatoes, just for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
3. Drain the water and immediately pop the tomatoes in a big bowl of ice cold water.
4. This helps you peel off the skin easily! Dice the tomatoes and set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, and your favorite spices. (think, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper…play with it, its your sauce).
6. Heat this about 5 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes.
7. Use a fork (or potato masher) and smash the tomatoes in to the seasoning.
8. Simmer for 20 min.
And now for the peppers…
1. While the tomato sauce is simmering, cut and de-seed five peppers.
2. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, 1 tbsp parsley, onions (if you have them, about 1/2 cup) until the aroma begins to spread
3. Add 1/2 cup diced carrots until they soften a bit
4. Add one package ground turkey. Cook until completely brown, completely cooked through.
5. Add AT LEAST one cup of spinach, allow it to wilt.
6. Now, add 3 cups of your already made tomato sauce (leave about a cup remaining).
7. Mix everything together.
8. With a spoon, pack the mix into each of the 5 peppers
9. Use the remainder of your tomato sauce to top off each pepper, about 2 tbsp/pepper.
10. Bake at 350, for 45-50 minutes.
These really were VERY easy to make, and they taste sooooo good!
I am so excited to blog today about CREATING YOUR LIFE! Constantly, I’m telling you to write goals, and rewrite goals, and rewrite again. It’s is because I truly believe YOU CREATE YOUR FUTURE. You can’t sit around and wait for something amazing to happen, you have to go out and find it, and maybe even work at it! But, you can have ANY future you want!
One of my dear friends in Houston, Emily, is a living example of this. We normally would take walks and talk about what we were doing, business and personal. If things were good, bad, ugly, whatever. We could tell each other anything. I am here to say, she created her future and is NOW living it. Just last weekend, she drove off to a new city to begin a new chapter in her life. What I remember is us talking about it, six/nine months ago, what it was she wanted. And what did she do, she went out and grabbed it! She is living the life she created! Sad, yes. I will miss our long walks and talks :). But now, she is so lite up that she is creating an even more amazing future for herself. I won’t divulge all her ideas here, but she is creating a new business and planning HER life. She is not watching it go by, she is fully a player in her game of life. I can’t wait to see what she accomplishes!! EMILY - YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!
You can have this too. Just grab a piece of paper, yes, physically write it down on paper. WHAT DO YOU WANT?? Where do you want to be in 10 years??? And then start today, what can you do to get there??? Take one baby step every day! They will add up.
Finally, Do NOT let your past create your future. Today I took a Bikram yoga class. I haven’t done one in AGES. I truly can’t tell you the last one I’ve done. Before I even got there I was thinking to myself, it’s okay if you lie down, its alright to break, you probably can’t go through the whole thing, you used to take breaks. And then what happened??? I KILLED IT!! I did so amazing, I suprised myself!! I didn’t stop. I just kept calm, listened to my breathe and moved through the full 90min class. I even got further into MANY postures then I EVER had before. Can you believe I doubted myself before I even got there!? It was a beautiful wake up call!
CREATE YOUR FUTURE. Start with POSITIVE thoughts!! ANYTHING is possible. You just have to go out and get started and TRY!! ANYTHING!!! Put them on paper, or post it….put it where you will see it often, and NEVER give up!!!
I have been eying quite a few chocolate avocado pudding recipes. Thinking, HOW can that be good?? Well, I decided to give it a try. I was having a bit of a sweet tooth here on day 15, so I figured I’ll give it a try. Every recipe that I have seen of this however has a cup of maple syrup, or agave nectar, etc. On the whole30, you can’t have sugar substitute, so I had to find a way to do without. I really did it….and it was easy, and tastes delicious still. Give it a try, it’s simple!
1/2c raw cocoa
2 cups water
2 tbsp coconut water
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp vanilla
WHAT TO DO???
1. Put it all in the blender! Seriously, all of it, avocados
sea salt, water, coconut water, and vanilla.
I like my pudding cold, so I put it in the freezer for a bit! And topped it with strawberries!
It tastes just like regular pudding. In fact, Owen said it tastes almost like cake batter AND that he would eat it when he’s not on whole30, now that’s good stuff!!! yum yum.
Guaranteed your family will love it, it will all be gone :)